multiple tar-unzip, bunzip

Timothy Washington timothyjwashington at yahoo.ca
Sat May 4 21:18:08 PDT 2002

I'm trying to unbzip2 or untar.gz multiple files at
the same time on a directory with 50 about bz2 or
tar.gz files. I don't want to do this 1 by 1. Running
a command  like this gives me the errors:

root# tar xvjf *.bz2
tar: kdeadmin-3.0.tar.bz2: Not found in archive
tar: kdeartwork-3.0.tar.bz2: Not found in archive

...I'm assuming it's because I'm putting in a listing
of the file and not the file itself. How can I do all
of this at once. I've tried finding a regex facility
for tar or bunzip, but could not. Any ideas?

Tim

=====
Timothy Washington
timothyjwashington at yahoo.ca