dhcpcd

Kevan Shea biffcool at zombieworld.com
Fri May 10 12:28:09 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 08:15:49PM +0200, David Vaartjes wrote:
> Hello u all,

Hey.

> I have a problem with setting up the DHCPCD.
> My lfs version is: 3.1
> I've created the /etc/sysconfig/network-devices directory because i did
> not have that one.
> I created the following scripts:
> /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifdown-eth0
> /etc/sysconfig/networkdevices/ifconfig.eth0
> /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifup-eth0
> After that i installed the dhcpcd-1.3.22.pl1 package.
> I've changed the ifconfig.eth0 script whith the correct path and
> start/stop parameters.
>
> After rebooting the dhcpcd client wont start. I have the feeling that
> something is missing.
> What is calling these scripts at boot time ?
> Must something been added to my /etc/sysconfig/nic-config sript ?
> Where can i find the .conf file of the dhcpcd and must something been
> changed there ?

How are you stopping it?  If you're using kill_proc, dhcpcd won't stop
correctly.  You need to have the stop script do this:
dhcpcd -k
Otherwise dhcpcd will just get killed and it won't clean up the pid file
it leaves, /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth?.pid.

--
Kevan Shea

"Industrious people create industry.