grainy web graphics

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed May 15 00:58:52 PDT 2002

Was it Archaic who wrote on Wednesday 15 May 2002 17:41:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:29:25PM -0400, timothy bauscher wrote:
> > Ian Molton <spyro at armlinux.org> spake:
> > >
> > > what is your colourdepth?
> >
> > i echo Ian. you need a higher default color depth.
> >
> > put this in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file under the Section "Screen"
> >
> > DefaultDepth 24
>
> Nah, I don't get anything outta more than 16. I'm not picky (plus it's
> faster with 16). :)

Ok, there's the other thing: What's your resolution? Have you tried cycling
around the modes ? What's your 'Virtual'  setting?

Macs have better graphics generally than pcs, but they run on huge
resolutions (1800xsomething).
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org