about perl+GCC3.1

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Sun May 26 12:01:57 PDT 2002

Ok, I know that it is done before, but I can't get anywhere :-(

This is what I found on LFS-maiinglist archieve :
----------------------
I had to set "locincpth" to "" in Configure and i had to remove the targets
"built-in" and "command line" from makefile and x2p/makefile. Then
perl-5.6.1 did compile. "make test" worked so i guess it is kind of ok.
----------------------

Although people say they have it compiled, I don't.

Let's go over it again.
"locincpth"=""  From Configure (not configure.gnu) is done.
>From makefile and x2p/makefile I had to remove the targets "built-in" and
"command line" I dont see them in Makefile and x2p/Makefile.

This is what I get:
        Making x2p stuff
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/perl-5.6.1/x2p'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `<built-in>', needed by `hash.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/perl-5.6.1/x2p'
make: *** [translators] Error 2

Where in god's name did I go wrong?

--
Remy

| Loves Linux (LFS 3.*). Hates a VERY BIG company.           |
| I was born at some time at some place in some country :-P  |

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org