qt problem qmake: Command not found

Steve Long Steve at wasabee.net
Tue May 28 23:48:01 PDT 2002

Everyone,
My system is a "stock" lfs installation and I've followed the blfs qt
I discovered that I couldn't intall this from my normal /usr/src/
location and needed to install it from /opt/

My .bash_profile
# Begin /root/.bash_profile
#
PS1='\u:\w\$ '
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
QTDIR=/opt/kde/qt

export PS1 PATH QTDIR
alias ls='ls --color=always'

# End /root/.bash_profile

install commands from blfs book
export QTDIR=$PWD &&
./configure -prefix /opt/qt-3.0.4 -qt-gif -system-libpng \
   -system-libmng -system-zlib -system-libjpeg -no-g++-exceptions \
   -thread &&
make &&
make install &&
ln -sf /opt/qt-3.0.4 /opt/qt &&