/usr/bin/iconv and libiconv-1.7

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Fri May 31 17:10:53 PDT 2002

In preparation for installing mutt, which said it needed libiconv, I was
installing libiconv-1.7.  During the make install, libiconv attempted to
remove /usr/bin/iconv, which was installed by glibc.  My package manager
refused to allow this.  So that part of the install failed.  Is it OK to
allow libiconv-1.7 have it's way and remove /usr/bin/iconv?
--
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org