Problem with international characters, glibc?!?!?

Frank Schafer frank.schafer at setuza.cz
Tue Jan 7 23:23:06 PST 2003

Hi,

there may be a lot of reasons for this. First of all, the glibc you use.
If you did the ``make install-locale'' step during the installation of
glibc, all should be fine. If you used ``localedef'', to set up your
locales, there could be a fault.
Have you localized X?
Have you localized Windowmaker?
Are the applications you use locales aware and localized?
The problem with the titlebar for Mozilla is IMHO a pointer to a not
localized windowmanager.

Regards
Frank

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org