problem to install findutils-4.1 under chroot

Thomas Heimroth tchino at gmx.de
Sun Jan 12 12:15:05 PST 2003

>> execute the follow line:
>>
>> root:/usr/src/findutils-4.1# make libexecdir=/usr/bin install
>>
>> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/install: No such file or directory
>> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/install: No such file or directory
>> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/install: No such file or directory
>> make[1]: *** [install-info] Error 127
>>

> May I make a small first note: There are two packages-4.1 - FILEutils and
> FINDutils.
> 'install' comes from 'fileutils'.
> First, check if you have the /usr/bin/install binary.
I don't have it. Now I first installed the fileutils package. Then the
/usr/bin/install file was created. Then I have compiled the
findutils-package and is has functioned. So, the sequence is not right. You
can install the findutils-package only after the fileutils-package, I hope,
I understand it right.

> If it is there, check if it is a static binary...
>
> Wait a minute! Your ch. 5 'install'  binary is under /static....
> Check your $PATH first, please...
my PATH-Variable is:
/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/static/bin

Must I add entry to the PATH?

> BTW: This should go to lfs-support, not blfs.
Ok, I understand it for the next.

Thanks Thomas
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org