Parsing a text file for ip adresses

John Galbrit jgalbrit at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 06:19:56 PST 2003

 --- Tushar Teredesai <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/scp-before-relay.txt has a
> two liner for obtainng the IP address from ifconfig's output.

Just as an aside, here is a quote from the above mentioned hint:

"The problem I encountered is that I use ssh tunneling to login to my
pop3 server at linuxfromscratch.org. With pop3 (imap and others
probably too) your password is transmitted as clear text, much like
happens with telnet. I don't quite like that, so I use port forwarding
with openssh."

A lot (most?) pop3 clients and servers can use SSL to tranmit passwords encrypted.

=====
--
John Galbrit