Quality Control in hints (was lfs install)

Rob Park eocnex at hnyoregn.pn
Fri Jan 24 10:10:42 PST 2003

Alas! Archaic spake thus:
> If you find a hint that you are rather displeased
> with, feel free to write one covering the same subject, just better
> (or different).

Actually, I'd rather see one good hint than 40 bad, contradictory, and
confusing hints.

> Look at all the X hints.

Exactly ;)

Whenever I try to install X, I look at the hints and I think "Now, which
one was the 'good' one? I forget." and I have to spend time finding the
info I want from a bunch of inconsistent hints.

If you have a problem with a hint that I wrote, let me know and we can
collaborate on making it better, instead of just going off to write your
own, which might be confusing.

> Or you could just modify it, make a diff of it, and email the
> author to see what he thinks.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

--
Rob Park