problem with Eurosign

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sun Sep 12 18:18:50 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 16:57 +0200, Lucien GENTIS wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Does anybody have correctly configured his system
> to display Eurosign ?
>
> I know it's an old subject but I never could get a correct
> configuration for Eurosign display.
>
> As now, I can display it in console mode and under X
> but only in gvim and xterm (I must use Alt gr $ for Eurosign and Altgr c
> for Euro cent)
> and not in Openoffice or Mozilla.
>
> I have all locales installed, but the command locale -a returns only C
> and POSIX
>
> Any help or ideas are welcome

See: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/latin9.html

This may actually be all you need to know to set the locale properly.
(Some of you are probably out there saying "Ahh... that's why the 15
instead of 1" now.)

--
The email address above is phony because my penis is already big enough, kthx.
   AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org (<-not an email address!)