GRUB/LILO audio support

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Thu Sep 16 01:01:13 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 11:16, Simon Geard wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 15:00 -0400, Karl Wilbur wrote:
> > I like to find a way to get audio support from GRUB or LILO.
> >
> > I have a multi-boot system and need to have audio feedback from the
> > bootloader.
> >
> > I've googled for this and have not found any good results.  It appears
> > that GRUB and LILO do not support audio.
>
> Out of curiosity, why?
>
> Simon.
Sorry to barge in, but i would like some beeps when i select the different
OS'es, so i can do this while the monitor is off.

Therefore i'm very interested in future developments, especially if the audio
support comes to grub

Greetz, and thanks for bringing it up!
cedric
--
The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt