how do you setup svn for anon web access?

Gregory Davis gregdavis at ieee.org
Thu Sep 30 20:33:30 PDT 2004

I've gone through the BLFS instructions on setting up a SVN server with
svnserve, and it all works well.  But then I had this idea for anonymous
web browsing, and followed the guide on svnbook.red-bean.com, but without
success.  I got errors in my apache logs about no permission to /path/to
repos/repos/db.  So I added the apache user to the group associated with
the offending repository.  That didn't work, because... I don't know why
but here is the (vague) error:

[Thu Sep 30 22:59:31 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] Could not fetch
resource information.  [301, #0]
[Thu Sep 30 22:59:31 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] (17)File exists:
Requests for a collection must have a trailing slash on the URI.  [301, #0]

Does anyone know how to get a working svn repository, and working apache
server to play nicely?

Greg