Mass storage, hotplug etc - SORTED?

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Aug 1 08:46:35 PDT 2005

Okay. Thanks to all but This was capable of working, and I finally
copped on.

With the advice on the SCSI stuff, I realised I had it more or less
right. The missing element was to give it scsi_mod.ko, it was recognized
as a scsi disk, /dev/sda1 was created and everytthing was hunky dory.

Now all I have to do is to figure why I'm not getting the modules. I
have heard of an empty file for /etc/modprobe.conf.

So The camera goes into usb and creates an 'event'

Than udev gets woken (via /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug ?) and reads the
magic numbers

fter that I really have to get reading

--

	With best Regards,