XFree86 freezes

Tim van der Molen tbm at home.nl
Mon Aug 1 15:34:01 PDT 2005

Hi,

XFree86 4.5.0 on LFS 6.1 appears to freeze when I open an xterm in twm
and then either try to move the xterm window with my mouse or run a
command whose output doesn't fit in the window (like "ps aux" or
"dmesg"; "echo hello", on the other hand, isn't a problem).

In the XFree86 log file I found nothing useful in relation to this
problem.

I use the XF86Config file created by "XFree86 -configure" and in
.xinitrc only twm is started.

I have no idea about what is going wrong here. What could I do to
discover the cause of this problem? I'd be happy to give more
information if needed.

Tim

--
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.