Mass storage, hotplug etc - SORTED?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 2 02:48:17 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 16:46 +0100, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> I have heard of an empty file for /etc/modprobe.conf.

From me, I'm guessing? I just had a look at my kernel settings, and
while most things I use are built as modules, it turns out SCSI support
(CONFIG_SCSI and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD) are set to built-in.

That would be why I don't need the config file anymore, since I know I
used to use entries similar to those provided by Remco - I remember the
annoyance when the simple 'above' commands weren't supported by
module_init_tools as they were in modutils.

Sorry if I've mislead you on that - I thought I had all those built as
modules, but apparently not. I wonder if that's related to the bit you
mentioned from the docs, stating that enabling usb-storage automatically
enabled those SCSI options...

Simon.