Invalid pointer in XMMS

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 4 02:02:41 PDT 2005

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> Recently, Somebody Somewhere wrote these words
>
>>*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb6dfa524 ***
>>Aborted
>
> That, if true, is serious, as glibc is the heart of your system.

Just to clarify.  This is simply Glibc doing basic error checking on
things it is asked to do.  What happens is something (Gdk-WARNING in
this case) calls free() (a glibc function) and glibc is saying "look,
you just asked me to do something that can't be right".  The root of the
problem, therefore, isn't in Glibc, it's in GDK-WARNING.

Regards,

Matt.