GConf and the Package User hint

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 05:10:44 PDT 2005

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I use the following approach for installing packages that install GConf schemas:
>     GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=true make install
> After the installation, I call a script (as root) that goes thru the
> schemas in /etc and installs them.

Ok, I ran 'for i in /etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemes ; do gconftool-2
--install-schema-file=$i ; done' as root, and it seems to have fixed
some of the problems (I can run the GNOME Games now!), including some
I didn't know I had (Epiphany's homepage was blank, and is now
Google)... unfortunately, it didn't fix all my problems (Epiphany
isn't honoring the proxy, and still can't find Gedit as a handler for
'view page source'). But, ah well, I'm one step closer, and having
games to play will likely help me through boredom.

Thanks for the help. :)

--
Lennon Victor Cook