grub errors and read-only

Donal Farrell vmlinuz101 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 06:53:48 PDT 2005

ok, now I'm getting the same erro, but with the graphical background,
which means something is happening. Now the initrd is

initrd(hd0,1) /boot/suse's-initrd -> where hd0,1 corresponds to /hda2,
i.e. fedora

the kernel panic problem is still there. there is no mention of suse
or indeed lfs in fedora's fstab, I'm thinking that's wrong?? Also, in
suse's fstab, it still has a mention of a mount-point /boot which
NEVER existed only for the brief 20 seconds or so that Sarge was
trying to set up partitioning.

Now I have the initrd working properly, how/where do I edit that
init=bin/bash ??

Many thanks

Donal