packaging/compiling your distro

Dom dom at dominic-hobson.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 01:50:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

Not quiet sure of the correct terminology, but does anyone know if it is
possible o compile/package your distro (like make it into a file that can be
easily installed) something similar to ALFS but will also add anything
extra, and can be done after you've made the distro (so without having to
rebuild it.)

For example, so I create my own LFS distro, and add a WM and some other
things and configure it all to a specific look/feel/purpose, how would I go
about putting it all into one file that can be installed on a blank system
(a setup file?)

I have been looking round, but I am new here, so I apologize if this has
already been posted

Thanks

Dom