Invalid pointer in XMMS

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Aug 8 05:12:19 PDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Giulio Daprelà wrote:
>

> > Oops! Yes, I stripped the libraries! Now I understand all those
> > question marks! I thought that I would never had needed the symbols,
> > but I was wrong. I think I still have the backup I made before
> > stripping. If so, this evening I'll restore the backup and retry the
> > backtrace.

 Hey, this same problem just hit _me_ (on i686, LFS-6.1).  My backtrace
showed it had come through libxmms-flac so I went into
/usr/lib/xmms/Input and moved libxmms-flac.{so,la} to new names.  Now it
works again.

 I'm fairly sure flac was what bit me some months ago on ppc, but I'm
sure I've had xmms working ok on other i686 boxes.  FWIW, this was on
kernel 2.6.12.x.

Ken