Invalid pointer in XMMS

Giulio Daprelà daprela at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:53:28 PDT 2005

On 8/8/05, Ken Moffat <ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote:

>  Hey, this same problem just hit _me_ (on i686, LFS-6.1).  My backtrace
> showed it had come through libxmms-flac so I went into
> /usr/lib/xmms/Input and moved libxmms-flac.{so,la} to new names.  Now it
> works again.
>
>  I'm fairly sure flac was what bit me some months ago on ppc, but I'm
> sure I've had xmms working ok on other i686 boxes.  FWIW, this was on
> kernel 2.6.12.x.
>
> Ken

Great, Ken, I did the same, and now my XMMS too works well!

My kernel is quite different from your, I have a special kernel
2.6.11.ck7 patched to have the supermount feature, so, I don't think
the problem it's the kernel.

I wonder which features we have lost without this libraries. They are
not essential, I suppose.

Giulio