Famd always hangs

Sparhawk sparhawk at idirect.ca
Fri Aug 12 20:02:39 PDT 2005

Try rebuilding fam without applying the dnotify patch.  You will probably
find fam is slower to see fs changes however it won't peg your cpu anymore.

After reading several forum entries for fam there is meantion that this
patch has a bug that can cause it to do this.  It seems to surface more
frequently when there are a large number of files/dirs that it is
monitoring.

Good Luck, your milage may vary.

Sparhawk