No sound

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 17:00:31 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have installed xmms-1.2.10 on my Pentium-3 machine; compaq presario
laptop, with all its dependencies except 'libmikmod'.

The 'lspci' command produces the following output:
00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: ESS Technology ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive
(rev 02)

In the kernel, I have included the following:
<*> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
<*>   Sequencer support
<*>   Sequencer dummy client
<*>   OSS Mixer
<*>   OSS PCM (digital audio) API
[*]   OSS Sequencer API
< >   RTC Timer support
[ ]   Verbose printk
[ ]   Debug
Generic devices  --->
ISA devices  --->
PCI devices  --->
USB devices  --->

In the PCI devices I have includede the driver for ES1969 Solo-1

Why am I not getting the sound in linux, whereas on the same system,
dualbooting in WinXP I am getting excellent sound?

Randhir Phagura