Firefox error to install

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 15 04:16:16 PDT 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> > root@[lfs]:/usr/bin# firefox
> > *** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure, catching
> > exception so finalize window can close
> > /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 25954 Segment Fault
> > "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
> >

> > I downloaded the version 1.06 (I changed the commands from 1.0 to 1.06)
>
> I see a couple issues here.  First, in the book, the configure statement
> --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/firefox-1.0
> is obviously wrong since the directory for firefox-1.0.6 is
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6.

 No, the configure statement *looks* obviously wrong, but it does no
harm.  The mozilla configure/build/install code is very different from
anything else, probably because it was originally written to produce
binary installs.  There are other ways of building it (and they produce
different problems) - see the arichives for e.g. last month.

 People have already pointed the finger at fonts, so I'll just add that
the _disableObsoleteExtensions message is normal.

Ken