Firefox error to install

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:49:36 PDT 2005

> Does anyone know if there's a way to get it to dump
> core so that I can run a debugger on it?

Take a look at the file /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6/run-mozilla.sh.  It has
debugging instructions to give.  Basically, I think you can do

firefox -g

will run in your default debugger (I don't know how that's decided).
Otherwise, you can specify the debugger with

firefox -g -d gdb

If you want to be specific about a certain mozilla binary to debug, you
can specify it like

firefox -g firefox-bin -d ddd

Hope that helps.  I always went into the debugger thinking I was going
to get my problems figured out.  But then reality set in that I don't
know programming and I was just guessing at what all the odd calls were
trying to do.

Dan