No mailto in Firefox-1.0.6--No links in Thunderbird

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Mon Aug 15 18:18:47 PDT 2005

Dan Nicholson wrote:

>   Anyway, I created 2 scripts that firefox and thunderbird call when
> they want to open the URL or write the mailto:,

Thanks, Dan

Then do you just point Thunderbird/Firefox to the wrappers by user.js or
prefs.js:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto", "path_to_wrapper");

I was using something like this in Mandrake, but it doesn't work in
BLFS.  The first thing I'm going to try is DJ's
/usr/bin/{thunderbird,firefox} scripts.  If that doesn't work, then I'll
try your wrappers.

One interesting thing that I've discovered is that the /usr/bin scripts
and the run-mozilla.sh script all say that they set up a bunch of
environment stuff.  However, when I run 'echo $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME' for
example, I get no return.  Additionally, the current scripts (generated
by the build from source) talk about ~.thunderbird (firefox
too)/init.d/* scripts.  I'm wondering if this is a new direction Mozilla
is taking.  I haven't yet found any examples, tutorials, or HOWTO's on
these scripts.  With this in mind, I'm wondering if these scripts, or
the lack thereof, are causing these symptoms.  When I complete my
research, or, more probably, run into a brick wall, I'm going to start
another thread in this list to see what other people have to say.

I digress.  Thanks again.

Dan