Firefox error to install

mlij mlij at globo.com
Mon Aug 15 19:33:06 PDT 2005

mlij escreveu:

> Hi everyone!
>
> There was not any error to install it.
> When the BLFS 6.0 asks to run firefox in the /usr/bin, there is a
> failure:
>
> root@[lfs]:/usr/bin# firefox
> *** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure, catching
> exception so finalize window can close
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6/run-mozilla.sh: line 159: 25954 Segment
> Fault    "$prog" ${1+"$@"}
>

> I downloaded the version 1.06 (I changed the commands from 1.0 to 1.06)
>
> What happened?
>
> Mlij

Thanks to  everyone that respond to me.
After I read everything, the solution was:

**************************************************************************************************************
Beyond Linux From Scratch - Version 6.0

Chapter 25. X Window System Environment
.
.
.
Update the font cache files

Ensure you have the following directory entries in
/etc/fonts/local.conf, inside the fontconfig tags:

sed -i -e '/^<\/fontconfig>/i\
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF</dir>\
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1</dir>' /etc/fonts/local.conf

 The fc-cache program will automatically search the above directories
and all subdirectories for needed fonts.

Finally, to update all the font cache files, run

fc-cache

This was enough!

Mlij