No mailto in Firefox-1.0.6--No links in Thunderbird

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Tue Aug 16 02:57:24 PDT 2005

Dan Nicholson wrote:

>  By the way, if you edit users.js by hand, it'll be overwritten I
> believe.

prefs.js is overwritten.  It's the one the application creates.  user.js
doesn't get overwritten and its entries override prefs.js.  The user
must create the second one.

>   Are you running a desktop like GNOME or KDE?

I'm running FluxBox.  AND, using DJ's /usr/bin/thunderbird I can now
open URL's in Firefox.  But, alas, I haven't yet succeeded in getting
'mailto:' working

> You shouldn't be able to see $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME or any other magic
> variables because run-mozilla.sh is running in a subshell.

Ahhhh!  I didn't know that.  Thanks.

Dan