Summer Time & Winter time adjustments

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 18 01:36:26 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 21:34 +0100, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> But the various time programs seem broken at best, and linux seems
> confused about clocks, having turf wars over this function & that one.

Is this a machine that dual-boots to Windows? Windows prefers
(requires?) the hardware clock to be running local time, and actually
changes the clock for daylight saving time. This doesn't tend to play
well with Linux which favours keeping the clock in UTC and adjusting for
whatever timezone the user wants...

(This may be out of date, since I've not run Windows for a couple of
years.)

Simon.