mounting samba with smbfs kernel support but no samba/smbclient

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Aug 19 04:43:17 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I am relatively inactive on this list.  I am trying to mount samba on an
lfs-based machine.  I am experiencing difficulties.  The machine has lfs
(kernel2.6.11.5 installed.  There is kernel support for  smbfs.   The machine
does not have samba installed nor smbclient.  (This is because it is intended
as a gageway machine) and the present exercise in mounting samba from an
external server is  for  network-setup verification.

The  external  samba server mentioned has two shares;  a public share that
requires no password and  a normal share that requires authentication.  I am
experiencing difficulty mounting either.  I have tried various options after
the -o tag.   Examples of my efforts are in the attached file.  Help would be
appreciated.

Yours sincerely
lux-integ.
.