PHP does NOT like our 'Apache' install

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Fri Aug 19 19:30:01 PDT 2005

randhir phagura wrote these words on 08/19/05 21:12 CST:

> PHP does not seem to be happy with our install method of 'apache-2.0.54'??

You are confused. "our" method of installing is different than the
one you use. If "our" refers to the BLFS book's method, that is.

I don't have any problems installing PHP using the book's instructions.

I would like to help you, and it seems as though it would be an easy
enough problem to solve, however, without sitting down at your computer,
the one with the non-standard installation of Apache, it simply would
require too many questions for me to ask to understand what might be
wrong.

To make this easier for folks to help you, *you* need to ask the
questions you think answers to might help you determine the problem.
You've decided to modify the book's instructions, so you will have
to be the one to ask the right questions so that folks can help.

I would start looking into the issue of why PHP cannot find the
the apxs program. A close examination of the configure script
should tell you what it is looking for.

Here is output from my PHP configure.log at the same spot you are
having trouble with:

^[[1mConfiguring SAPI modules^[[m
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
checking for mod_charset compatibility option... no
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS... yes
checking for Apache 1.x (hooks) module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x (hooks) module support... no
checking for mod_charset compatibility option... no
checking for Caudium support... no
checking for CLI build... yes
checking for Continuity support... no
checking for embedded SAPI library support... no
checking for Zeus ISAPI support... no
checking for Milter support... no
checking for NSAPI support... no
checking for PHTTPD support... no
checking for Pi3Web support... no
checking for Roxen/Pike support... no
checking for thttpd... no
checking for TUX... no
checking for webjames... no
checking for chosen SAPI module... apache2handler

Notice that PHP is *very* happy with our install method of Apache.

--
Randy

21:17:01 up 139 days, 20:50, 3 users, load average: 0.98, 0.95, 0.65