PHP does NOT like our 'Apache' install

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 05:42:16 PDT 2005

Hi,

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>Thinking about this further, I wonder if the fact that the book calls
>for using --enable-layout=FHS and there is a BLFS patch which modifies
>this layout, and then you turn around and install Apache in /opt if
>the APXS build system is simply fubar'd.

For installing apache in '/opt/apache' I had modified the patch as below.
(Lines not shown have not been changed):

</Layout>

+
+<Layout FHS>
+    prefix:             /opt/apache
+    exec_prefix:        ${prefix)
		.
		.
		.
		.

<Layout apr>

-    prefix:        /usr/local/apr
+    prefix:        /opt/apache
     exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
		.
		.
		.
		.

<Layout apr-util>
-    prefix:        /usr/local/apr
+    prefix:        /opt/apache
     exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
		.
		.
		.
		.

With this layout apache has installed in /opt/apache without problem.

Is the above modification of the patch right?

Randhir Phagura