Tex cannot find latex.fmt

Steffen R. Knollmann sknolli at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Sun Aug 21 07:47:19 PDT 2005

Hello!

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 09:46:22PM +1000, Lennon Cook wrote:
> I find it interesting, though, that they don't appear in the source
> directory at all (after it is compiled), and they don't seem to be
> mentioned anywhere in make install's output.
>
> Is there anywhere I can download these files from, to drop in to the
> right places?

  That probably won't help you, since more files will be missing. It
seems to me, that your TeX-installation is not complete. I'll check into
that in a few minutes, I first have to check, whether I installed TeX
using the package user hint, or if it's only installed on the older
installation. Btw, which TeX-Tarballs did you use?

  Cheers,
    Steffen

--
Ein Schrei gellt durch das Spargelfeld,