Tex cannot find latex.fmt

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Sun Aug 21 07:53:18 PDT 2005

Lennon Cook wrote these words on 08/21/05 06:46 CST:

> Generally, it causes problems when a given package's make file assumes
> 'make install' will be run as root. And then there's XOrg, which I
> discovered a while ago assumes *everything* to compile it will be done
> as root...

Hmmm. I haven't noticed this. I compile everything (up to and
including 'make World') as an unprivileged user and only do the
'make install' and configuration stuff as root.

> I find it interesting, though, that they don't appear in the source
> directory at all (after it is compiled), and they don't seem to be
> mentioned anywhere in make install's output.
>
> Is there anywhere I can download these files from, to drop in to the
> right places?

I doubt it. These files are created by the TeX installation
process as best as I recall. It looks as though Steffen is
becoming involved in this thread, so you're in luck. If anyone
can help you, it would be him. :-)

--
Randy

09:48:00 up 141 days, 9:21, 3 users, load average: 0.13, 0.08, 0.16