Mail programs problem?

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sun Aug 21 10:45:04 PDT 2005

> On 8/19/2005 08:21, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> > Another funny thing is that all today's spam references
> > uk.geocities.com. It's just dead short stuff with a link.
>
> root at ophiopogon:/mail# cat sa-mimedefang.cf | grep UK_GEO body
> UK_GEOCITIES			/uk\.geocities\.com\/.{1,20}\/\?/i
> describe UK_GEOCITIES		Body contains spammy url from UK branch
> of Geocities score UK_GEOCITIES			4.0
>
> dewrap from mail  :)  If you actually know someone who hosts their
> personal site at uk geocities then you'll want to edit the regex a bit
> more (not sure if free accounts there have a url that includes a '/?'
> in it). Those were getting to be quite annoying!

Thanks Jason. I actually like that regex just the way it is. The
description is unnecessarily verbose (i.e. too long). The score seems
about right also, or maybe a bit low.

Mind you, you could just trigger on the uk.geocities.com bit. Your regex
doesn't have to match the entire phrase.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.