Firefox error to install

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 21 20:31:49 PDT 2005

DJ Lucas wrote:
> As has been found so many times on this list, the fonts typically are
> the problem with the above error.  Did you by chance copy fonts from
> your windows partition as root (expecting 755 perms)?  If so, make
> certain that they are readable by the user running firefox....I had this
> exact problem some time ago, however, I can't recall exactly why the
> umask was ignored.  I'll dig through the archives and see if I can find
> it a bit later.

Not much information as to the cause...copying Windows fonts from an
NTFS partition was the common issue that caused the firefox segfault on
line 159 (yes slightly over descriptive, but hopefully it'll tickle the
search next time).  But here is the thread anyway for reference:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2004-December/008472.html

-- DJ Lucas