No sound lessons

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Aug 21 23:20:14 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> This is basic operational stuff. Sure there is an occasional question
> about the setup of a particular sound card, but traffic on this list
> on how to unmute the channels using the Alsa-Mixer and how to
> configure XMMS is nil.

That doesn't mean that it isn't an issue. I remember when I first did LFS getting sound to work was a big deal and it was the same issues that Randhir is reporting. I didn't post to the list about it, I struggled in silence and used Google. Just because people don't post to the list doesn't mean that they aren't having issues. You shouldn't just dismiss someone for talking about their experiences. BLFS may be very good but it will never be perfect, there will always be room for improvement