No sound lessons

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Sun Aug 21 23:35:47 PDT 2005

Andrew Benton wrote these words on 08/22/05 01:20 CST:

> That doesn't mean that it isn't an issue. I remember when I first did LFS getting sound to work was a big deal and it was the same issues that Randhir is reporting. I didn't post to the list about it, I struggled in silence and used Google. Just because people don't post to the list doesn't mean that they aren't having issues. You shouldn't just dismiss someone for talking about their experiences. BLFS may be very good but it will never be perfect, there will always be room for improvement

Andy, with all due respect, how to unmute the channels is clearly
pointed out in 'man alsamixer'. BLFS is not in the business of
rewriting documentation that already exists. Please understand I
am not trying to "dismiss" the suggestions provided by the OP, I
am only stating that for BLFS to include what he is asking for, is
to be duplicating existing documentation.

Surely, we expect folks to use the man pages, right?

--
Randy

01:31:00 up 142 days, 1:04, 3 users, load average: 0.12, 0.25, 0.43