No sound lessons

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:28:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

Randy McMurchy wrote on Sun, 21 Aug 2005:

>With all due respect, you are the only person I can remember who
>has posted on this list who had trouble getting the mixer to unmute
>the channels and in configuring XMMS.

>This is basic operational stuff. Sure there is an occasional question
>about the setup of a particular sound card, but traffic on this list
>on how to unmute the channels using the Alsa-Mixer and how to
>configure XMMS is nil.

With due respect I would say that:
No one can guarantee there will not be more people on the list asking basic
questions about 'sound configuration'. That is what the List is meant for
and that is the plus point about LINUX. As for LFS/BLFS the prime objective
is learning. I have learnt these lessons which I summarised in my post.

It may seem *basic operational stuff* for a long standing expert like you
but for a person coming from 'windows' environment and trying to learn
linux, it is NOT ALL THAT BASIC.

I had ventured to suggest for inclusion of these in the book. But if you
deem it fit to decline, it is up to you. You are the Boss!

Regards

Randhir Phagura