Package user installation of Xorg, (was: Tex cannot find latex.fmt)

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:24:49 PDT 2005

My problem with compiling XOrg was actually very different to what you
describe. I do remember having problems with the log file, but also
when I compiled it as unpriviledged, I ended up missing several files
(a comparison to my host system showed a discepancy in the order of
most of /usr/X11R6/bin , and around half of /usr/X11R6/lib ),
including startx. The logs showed nothing useful, and it still
happened if I compiled as the xorg user, but installed with su -c .