upgrading glibc?

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Aug 24 12:59:47 PDT 2005

> Currently running glibc-2.3.2 on my LFS 5.0 (CVS snapshot 20030522) system
> (many packages upgraded since then) and would like to upgrade to glibc-2.3.4
> as per the 6.1 book. However, I'm completely unclear on how to 'upgrade'
> glibc without all hell breaking loose.
> Pointers?

Rceived wisdom is that you don't upgrade glibc, as it is part of the
toolchain and you can 'disrupt the space/time continuum' to quote a
comical source. In plain English, all hell is supposed to break loose.

Your distro, your rules.... You can try, and write the hint. The
previous hints say "DON'T"

Why not upgrade? With alfs, the lfs section of the build can be fairly
painless.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.