upgrading glibc?

Douglas J Hunley doug at hunley.homeip.net
Wed Aug 24 13:41:17 PDT 2005

Ken Moffat stated:
> Same as with any other host, i.e. use a spare partition.  For many
> people, the spare partition will be the one which held the host from
> which they built lfs the first time.  From a host running a 2.4 kernel,
> also upgrade to a 2.6 kernel before you start the build (for preference
> compile everything in, otherwise you'll have to build module-init-tools
> with the compatability step).
>
>   I sense that you don't have a spare partition.  In times past I've done
> a "side-by-side" install, but it can get very messy and increases the
> risk of screwing everything.  If you can do a bare-metal recovery,
> repartitioning might be in order.

My 'host' was a knoppix live cd :)

Looks like I'll be buying myself another drive and building on that, then
copying the data across. Thanks!
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
http://doug.hunley.homeip.net -- http://dhunley.deviantart.com

Well, when I'm with a boy I like, it's hard for me to say anything cool, or,
or witty, or at all. I-I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have
to go away.