X.org executable not produced

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Thu Aug 25 08:27:27 PDT 2005

Hello,
I am having a peculiar problem with building X.org. The first time I
compiled it without any modifications, to make it runs properly. But
then I thought 'hey, why not tweak' and started fiddling with host.def.
In particular I wanted to disable IPv6, since I don't have in the kernel
and it gives an error when X.org is run. I also aimed to have as few
drives as possible - a new nVidia-branded driver is already compiled and
waiting. But now... compilation does not produce the Xorg executable. I
have no idea why. Below is my host.def - can you please have a look and
suggest what could have gone wrong? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
David Ciecierski

[host.def]
/* Optimizations. */
#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt	-march=pentium3 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer \
				-fprefetch-loop-arrays -fforce-addr \
				-falign-functions=4 -pipe

#define XprtServer              NO
#define BuildXprintClients      NO
#define BuildIPv6		NO

#define XnestServer			NO
#define XVirtualFramebufferServer	NO
#define XF86XAA				YES
#define XF86VgaHw			YES
#define XF1Bpp				NO
#define XF4Bpp				NO
#define BuildXinerama			NO
#define BuildGlxExt			YES
#define BuildXF86RushExt		NO
#define XF86CardDrivers			nv
#define XInputDrivers			mouse keyboard wacom

#define BuildSpeedo			NO
#define BuildCID			NO
#define BuildFreeType			YES
#define BuildSpeedoFonts		NO