X.org executable not produced

Peter B. Steiger wyo_wl001 at bresnan.net
Thu Aug 25 15:54:57 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 00:37 +0200, David Ciecierski wrote:
> So: is it possible to run X's with *only* freetype? I'll probably try
> enabling bitmap fonts to see...

I had trouble rendering websites that use UTF characters until I enabled
the BuildSpeedo option.  Somebody on one of the support mailing lists
told me I'm an idiot and Speedo is obsolete.  When I compared a previous
build that worked against the one that didn't, the ONLY difference in
the configuration file was that the build with UTF enabled had
BuildSpeedo set to Yes.  I'm still an idiot, but at least UTF characters
render properly.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY