GConf and the Package User hint

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Mon Aug 29 12:33:22 PDT 2005

> GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=true make install
> After the installation, I call a script (as root) that
 > goes thru the schemas in /etc and installs them.

Hello,
do you think there might be some more 'elegant' way, so to speak? I've
just spent quite a bit on google trying to find solutions to this
problem but in vain. If gconf is meant to resemble Windows registry in
some ways, there *should* be a way to go around that - but unfortunately
I'm not yet experienced enough to come up with one :-(
Anyway - thnaks for the suggestion!

Kind regards,
David Ciecierski