gnome-2 libraries

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:18:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your response Simon; You have given me an accurate method to
check dependencies. Please see below:

Simon Geard wrote on Tue, 30 Aug 2005:

>Yes, it's a reference to Gnome in general, not to specific libraries.
>Looking at the configure script for gtk-sharp, you'll want at least the
>following:

>glib-2
>pango
>gtk+-2
>libxml2
>libart
>libgnomecanvas
>libgnomeui
>libgnomeprintui
>libglade
>librsvg
>gtkhtml
>....... Plus their dependencies.

These are there on the system already.

An abstract from 'gtk-sharp configure script'is given below: There is one
dependency shown as 'GNOME_CFLAGS GNOME_LIBS' (marked with * *).  Then again
further down 'ENABLE_GNOME_TRUE ENABLE_GNOME_FALSE'. What do you make of
that?

PKG_CONFIG BUILD_GTK_CFLAGS BUILD_GTK_LIBS MONO_DEPENDENCY_CFLAGS
MONO_DEPENDENCY_LIBS RUNTIME CSC GACUTIL GACUTIL_FLAGS LIB_PREFIX LIB_SUFFIX
GENERATED_SOURCES GLIB_CFLAGS GLIB_LIBS PANGO_CFLAGS PANGO_LIBS GTK_CFLAGS
GTK_LIBS LIBART_CFLAGS LIBART_LIBS GNOMEVFS_CFLAGS GNOMEVFS_LIBS
*GNOME_CFLAGS GNOME_LIBS* GLADE_CFLAGS GLADE_LIBS RSVG_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
RSVG_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS GTKHTML_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS GTKHTML_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS
GTKHTML_VERSION GTKHTML_SOVERSION VTE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
VTE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS MONODOC_DEPS_CFLAGS MONODOC_DEPS_LIBS MONODOC
MONODOCER
GTKHTML_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS GTKHTML_VERSION GTKHTML_SOVERSION
VTE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS VTE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS MONODOC_DEPS_CFLAGS
MONODOC_DEPS_LIBS MONODOC MONODOCER ENABLE_LIBART_TRUE ENABLE_LIBART_FALSE
ENABLE_GNOMEVFS_TRUE ENABLE_GNOMEVFS_FALSE ENABLE_GNOME_TRUE
ENABLE_GNOME_FALSE ENABLE_GLADE_TRUE ENABLE_GLADE_FALSE ENABLE_RSVG_TRUE
ENABLE_RSVG_FALSE ENABLE_GTKHTML_TRUE ENABLE_GTKHTML_FALSE ENABLE_VTE_TRUE
ENABLE_VTE_FALSE ENABLE_DOTNET_TRUE ENABLE_DOTNET_FALSE ENABLE_MONODOC_TRUE
ENABLE_MONODOC_FALSE

When 'configure' is run, on 'gtk-sharp' sources, a summary appears  at end
such as:

Configuration summary

   * Installation prefix = /opt/mono
   * C# compiler: /opt/mono/bin/mcs

   Optional assemblies included in the build:

      * art-sharp.dll: yes
      * gnomevfs-sharp.dll: yes
      * gnome-sharp.dll: no
      * glade-sharp.dll: yes
      * gda-sharp.dll: no
      * gnomedb-sharp.dll: no
      * rsvg-sharp.dll: yes
      * gtkhtml-sharp.dll: no
      * vte-sharp.dll: no
      * gtk-dotnet.dll: yes

      NOTE: if any of the above say 'no' you may install the
            corresponding development packages for them, rerun
            autogen.sh to include them in the build.

I have installed all the related packages shown in configuration summary.

Thanks and Regards,

Randhir Phagura