GNOME-desktop

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Wed Aug 31 11:48:23 PDT 2005

Hello again,
just thought I would add to the discussion: gnome-doc-utils solved all
my problems instantaneously. And I do agree with Randy that "copy &
paste" *does* make things (ie. installing BLFS & GNOME) a breeze. Most
of the time, at least. What *does not* make installing things a breeze
is the user package hint. It was all fine with LFS and most BLFS
packages. But with GNOME and so fearfully (irritatingly?) many packages
interacting with one another, and desperately wanting to write to
another's directory - it's becoming a slight pain.

Not that I'm not glad I've been following the hint - it's awesome IMHO.
So even I happen to curse the bloody idea at times (see my new post
above :-) I'm still in love with it. Period.

Kind regards,
David Ciecierski

PS: And thanks for all your support - as always...