Xorg fontconfig and fonts.conf
S. Anthony Sequeira
tony at sequeira.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 11:50:24 PDT 2005
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 09:03, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> >> Installing Xorg using the package user hint. X wants to
> >> replace /etc/fonts.conf with it's own version, is this OK?
> > Looks like you forgot the "#define HasFontconfig YES" define
> > in host.def.
> It's definitely in there, I've triple checked. Maybe I have a comment
> delimiter out of place, I'll check and run again..... I'll update
> after I've done this.
It *is* in there, no delimiter out of place (copied it to a .c file and used
vims syntax highlighting to check:
/* Begin Xorg host.def file */
/* System Related Information. If you read and configure only one
* section then it should be this one. The Intel architecture defaults
* are set for a i686 and higher. Axp is for the Alpha architecture
* and Ppc is for the Power PC. AMD64 is for the Opteron processor.
* Note that there have been reports that the Ppc optimization line
* causes segmentation faults during build. If that happens, try
* building without the DefaultGcc2PpcOpt line. ***********/
#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt -O2 -fno-strength-reduce \
/* #define DefaultGcc2AMD64Opt -O2 -fno-strength-reduce \
/* #define DefaultGcc2AxpOpt -O2 -mcpu=ev6 */
/* #define DefaultGcc2PpcOpt -O2 -mcpu=750 */
#define HasFreetype2 YES
#define HasFontconfig YES
#define HasExpat YES
#define HasLibpng YES
#define HasZlib YES
And it *is* building and attempting to install fontconfig. I'll dig around a
bit. Just back from work, so can't address this right now.
In the meantime, anyone with any ideas please.
The difference between common-sense and paranoia is that common-sense is
thinking everyone is out to get you. That's normal -- they are. Paranoia
is thinking that they're conspiring.
Th -- J. Kegler
More information about the blfs-support