Firefox and profile locking: Chapter 2

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 15 03:48:18 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 15:50 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Thanks for the explanation.  I remember when I first had svg in
> mozilla, and it looked an interesting new thing.  Now I don't have it,
> but I don't seem to be missing anything important.

Yeah, support has been present in the codebase for a while, but it's
never been enabled by default, and was at some point disabled entirely,
I think.

In the meantime, they've replaced the libart_gpl backend with one based
on Cairo which will apparently be standard in Firefox 1.1. At some
point, Cairo will be a mandatory dependency for Firefox - not sure if
that will be 1.1 or a later version.

Simon.